[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 30 11:18:35 PST 2006

Dennis:

> what is it exactly that awaits women in islam's equivalent of
> "heaven," if they get there at all?

eternally stiff cocks:

>The sensual pleasures are graphically elaborated by Al-Suyuti (died
>1505 ), Koranic commentator and polymath. He wrote: "Each time we
>sleep with a houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the
>Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that
>you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of
>this world and were you to experience it in this world you would
>faint. Each chosen one [ie Muslim] will marry seventy [sic] houris,
>besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetising
vaginas."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/saturday_review/story/0,3605,631332,00.html

[WS:] But is not it that eternally stiff cocks have a far greater significance to men - or at least those who are anxious to "perform" in bed, than to women, who tend to prefer a more "softer" ;) approach to the "wham, bam thank you m'am"? Not to mention the fact that some men may prefer sex with a sexually experienced woman to that with a virgin. In other words, the Islamic heaven strikes me as an exclusively insecure male sexual fantasy with no place for women.

It would be nice to actually know from the source what devout Islamic females (or gay males, if there is such a thing) actually expect to get in the afterlife.

Wojtek