[lbo-talk] Re: Islamophobia

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Thu Nov 30 13:43:01 PST 2006

The problem is it is a protrayal of Islamic theology that might make Bernard Lewis blush due to its orientalist reductionism. Yoshie is right to say that this is the same logic of the right, and it's a logic that says more about male fantasies of the west than it has to do with the struggles going on within the Middle East or Islam.

robert wood