[lbo-talk] Chavez is no prince and neither is Ahmadinejad (was: Chavez, bush, the devil and jon stewart)

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 08:22:15 PDT 2006

On 10/1/06, Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only segment of the US population who are economically populist,
> internationally anti-imperialist, and sexually conservative are
> Blacks, Latinos, and Arabs/Muslims, with many of whom I am on very
> good terms.

In your state Ohio, according to, "One Party Country: The Republican Plan for Dominance in the 21st Century, " by Tom Hamburger and Peter Wallsten, just released, Bush increased his % among Blacks by 7% in '04 compared to '00 Forty % of Latinos voted for Bush in '04 compared to 35% in '00.

Also see with the newer book by Tom Edsall, "Building Red America: The Conservative Coalition and the Drive for Permanent Power, " http://www.harpers.org/sb-six-questions-hamburger-wallsten-1159454133.html Six Questions for Tom Hamburger and Peter Wallsten on the Midterm Elections Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2006. Journalists Tom Hamburger and Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times cover national politics and the Washington, D.C. political scene. Wiley recently published their book, One-Party Country: The Republican Plan for Dominance in the 21st Century, which argues that the G.O.P. has established such strategic political superiority—in areas that range from getting out its voters to shaping the party's message—that the Democrats are in danger of becoming a permanent opposition party. Hamburger and Wallsten recently replied to a series of questions about the implications of their findings for November's midterm elections. By Ken Silverstein.

-- Michael Pugliese