Curiosity Re: [lbo-talk] NYT editorial on terror bill

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Oct 1 10:09:31 PDT 2006

ylle521 at highstream.net wrote:

> Chomsky has been warring with the NYT for decades, but he still reads
> it religiously. Carrol seems to be saying the Times, and newspapers
> in general, likely have no (positive?) influence or effect because
> they don't reach the masses.

For the record, Carrol has made no general or analytic statement at all about what newspapers do and do not do. He questioned what one particular story in the NYT did or didn't do?

I'll check back later to see what, precisely, I said, but the main interest in _all_ my political posts is whether or not we can expect a _significant_ difference within the ruling class on the STRATEGIC importance of maintaining hegemony in the Middle East.

Whoever the writer of a given post is it is most unwise to infer from that one post a settled view on fundamental questions.

Carrol