[lbo-talk] Relativity of class unity or division

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Oct 2 16:05:31 PDT 2006

Interesting thought. But how often does finance capital not just push for higher profits, regardless of their higher sentiments. Paulson was seen as a tree hugger. Did his investment strategy ever take trees into account, or did he just take some of his profits & contribute to the Sierra Club?

Also, from what I read, the new generation of hedge fund boys are as vicious as anything imaginable. I think of finance capital as traditionally being from old money, from people who live well, but are not absorbed with money grubbing. Is that still true today? I suspect that it is not.