[lbo-talk] science, objectivity, truth, taste and tolerance

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 23:14:23 PDT 2006

How is science a system of elite power?

If an Aunt gives a child Tylenol and a kind word rather than a home-brewed poultice, is she less valid? If one mother has a name for the placebo effect and another mother doesn't, but both use it to comfort a child, where is the dehumanization?

I think science has provably given people the tools to be better aunts and fathers.

I just don't see where science undermines people. It undermines myths, but that just demands that we come up with better myths.

Boddi