[lbo-talk] "Marxist" Preys to Racism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 3 08:27:44 PDT 2006

EverYoung Global Intellectual Enterprises wrote:

> Workers have no country, no motherland, no nationality, no national culture
> and other phantoms to worship and lay their lives for.

I agree with the principles for practice this implies, but to put it into practice you have to recognize that the Communist Manifesto was seriously wrong in predicting that in empirical fact workers would have no country. They ought not to, but for better or worse they do in practice, and strategies have to be developed to take account of this contradiction. I don't have the slightest idea as to what those strategies will be, though they probably involve Yoshie's attitude towards Iran rather than the attitude of those who have had kittens over her posts on Iran.

Carrol