Cultural preferences inconsistent withfascism?(Re:[lbo-talk]Psychic TV -- worth seeing?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Oct 3 13:22:03 PDT 2006

>> The borders of the US are essentially open at this point anyway....
>
> Not really.

The fact that they presume there are 12m that missed the "patrols, USA Visit, threats of deportation, etc." probably means there's 20m.

Millions of people living, working, participating in the economy. I'd call that a "failure to have an effective border" ...

How many people actually do get deported?

> And if we had a more expansive welfare state - with more
> generous income supports, or, heaven forfend, an active labor
> market policy like in Sweden - how could you administer that?
> Make everyone who shows up eligible?

Of course! There's no other sensical way to do it. And of course: far more current citizens would qualify than immigrants. What kind of an idiot leaves their home country just in order to collect welfare? I'm not saying it won't happen, but didn't we already dismiss the mythology of the Welfare Queen? Shouldn't we drop the Bienestar Reina too?

As Cartman might ask, "What's the big fuckin deal, bitch?"

--- NEW YORK (AP) -- The Dow Jones industrial average surged past its all-time trading high of 11,750.28 Tuesday, taking yet another step in its recovery from seven years of market turmoil. The index of 30 blue chip stocks fell back in later trading but still managed to achieve a record high close.