[lbo-talk] Psychic TV -- worth seeing?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 02:36:49 PDT 2006

Michael Pugliese wrote:

"Michael Moynihan (who does have explicit neo-Nazi politics) who has written on Nordic death metal and a grisly murder by a Neo-Nazi metal band might have data on Boyd Rice. Kevin Coogan, anti-fascist researcher who knows tons about punk and metal might as well. "

I reply:

Yeah, Michael, or Boyd Rice's own page, where there's an interview with him, including anecdotes on hanging out with Genesis P-Orridge, who he considers a friend:

Below is from :

http://www.boydrice.com/interviews/blackpimp.html

BRIAN: So, you’ve said that you’re a Social Darwinist, right?

BOYD: Well, I used to say that fifteen years ago. That’s something that I used to talk about a lot, but it’s something that I really have no particular interest in anymore, because I figure that people’s lives are going to be basically formed by their instinct or their lack thereof. Certain people are going to operate in a certain way, and other people aren’t, so I just take that for granted. I don’t wish to change anybody – I don’t think you can take a weak man and make him into a strong man and I don’t think you can take a stupid man and make him into a clever man. It’s kind of like: water seeks its own level. So, I would look at Social Darwinism probably a negative way; I would give people more options – more liberties – to make a lot of mistakes, and to do foolish things that are going to result in their own demise, and that sort of thing. I think that most of our laws are trying to counter that. They have to make more laws every day to take up the slack.

BRIAN: So it’s nature, not nurture?

BOYD: Oh yeah, definitely.

BRIAN: You’ve said in the past that you’re an aesthetic fascist, but not a political fascist. It seems like a lot of people seem to have trouble seeing the difference between the two, or even seeing one.

BOYD: I’m not a fascist at all. I have absolutely not a political bone in my body. Most people perceive my views as being so harsh, that they only way they can find a connection between my opinions and other opinions that are similar is ‘fascism,’ but fascism is a word that’s thrown around so much today that it’s like, anybody who disagrees with you is a fascist. I’ve seen people wearing t-shirts on the street that say: “George W. Bush is a fascist,” and I wonder what these people really know about fascism, because if you equate George Bush to Mussolini or to Hitler, I think it’s time to go back and read your history books again. What most people refer to as ‘fascistic’ is really just a basic human instinct – that most people think that they are correct, and they want other people to think like them. They want other people to like the same things that they do, to hate the same things they do and care about the same things they do.