[lbo-talk] good night, Ned

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 5 12:35:39 PDT 2006

Eric wrote:

> >Let me get this straight, there are Republicans in Connecticut who
> >would be willing to vote for Lieberman, just to keep the war machine
> >running?
>
> Is one mildly antiwar senator going to stop the war machine?

This is a crucial point. No amount of success from a handful of DP 'leftists' will change the balance in Congress. All the occasional DP leftist in the Senate or the House does is to provide cover for the essentially reactionary direction of the DP. One Wellstone does more for the right than 20 Liebermans. And yet many people on this list got all excited whens the Greens ran a candidate in Minnesota.

Carrol