[lbo-talk] good night, Ned

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Oct 5 15:01:03 PDT 2006

Eric wrote:

MG: >>Whether US leftists want to work inside the DP or the Greens is a tactical

===================================== I don't understand your point. Mine was simply that it is stupid to ridicule and attack the main body of antiwar protesters in the US who support the Democratic party, and to look forward to their hopes being dashed, even if you choose - as Yoshie, Carrol, and others do - not to participate in the efforts of antiwar DP'ers to change the party's leadership and direction. It's common sense you will only be heard when you approach others with respect rather than contempt, and invite them to join you on issues of common concern - much the way the left has always approached church groups and individuals without succumbing to the compulsion to denigrate their religious beliefs.