[lbo-talk] How America grows: A tale of two cities

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Oct 6 15:59:16 PDT 2006

The law is something like what several states are voting on this November, including California. Here, it is buried in a law that supposedly protects private property against eminent domain. The crucial part, however, says that any type of planning that detracts from the value of private property must be compensated for by the state.