[lbo-talk] Gasoline price manipulation?

Marvin Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Sat Oct 7 08:22:38 PDT 2006

Who knows? Goldman Sachs was a) either speculating that energy prices would fall because of geopolitical, cyclical, and seasonal reasons or b) it genuinely fears the Democrats more than the Republicans. I'm inclined to think the big investment houses and corporations have had enough experience with both former GS chair Bob Rubin and former GS chair Hank Paulson to feel comfortable with either - as well as with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. Wall Street typically leans to the Republicans because the Democratic base is potentially more hostile to business, but I doubt this latent concern is such that it would cause investment decisions to be influenced by anything other than the outlook on the markets. Those who think the relationship between Wall Street and the Democrats is more antagonistic probably believe otherwise.