[lbo-talk] Actual Economic Question

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 08:25:32 PDT 2006

So I have been looking at wealth distribution and I find something that should be heartening to us: there seem not to be equillibrium models (ones which would back up the "fair society" propoganda) which are able to effectively predict or emulate the enormous concentration of wealth in the top decile of Americans.

A paper by the Chicago Fed seems typical:

http://www.chicagofed.org/publications/workingpapers/wp2005_10.pdf

Do conservatives try to explain the concentration of wealth in the U.S. with models that comport to the data or do they just talk a lot of Laffer Curve nonsense and are never made to explain why the wealthy are so wealthy?

Boddi