[lbo-talk] More on How Lamont Blew It

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:47:25 PDT 2006

At around 12/10/06 12:58 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Oct 11, 2006, at 11:45 PM, ravi wrote:
>
>> At around 11/10/06 9:33 pm, mike larkin wrote:
>>> http://nationaljournal.com/todd.htm =>
>>> Lieberman seems to be framing the debate and
>>> appears to have the momentum.
>>>

>> Zogby 09/25 => Joe 53, Ned 33
>> Rasmussen 10/03 => Joe 51, Ned 40
>> Uconn 10/04 => Joe 48, Ned 40
>> SurveUSA 10/08 => Joe 53, Ned 40
>> Courant 10/10 => Joe 48, Ned 40
>>
>> This should fit right into our mathematics/innumeracy thread.
>
> Not sure what your point is here - is it that Lieberman's lead is
> narrowing? But you're comparing five polls from five different
> pollsters, blithely ignoring what the profession calls the "house
> effect." If you're doing comparisons over time, use the same pollster.

My point is that the above numbers don't betray any momentum. So, yeah, I am not a professional. Go ahead and give me the numbers that demonstrate the Joementum and I will correct my views.

Though if at the end of the day you cannot compare these numbers, then that questions the very statistical validity of their results.

--ravi