[lbo-talk] Iraq excess death study up

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Oct 12 12:31:56 PDT 2006

I'm not disappointed. Because not only did you recycle old crap, you bring it utterly irrelevant material about Afghanistan!

Your pal Kaplan in Slate made a big deal out of the wide confidence intervals in the old study. Well, check out the CIs in the new one: 654,965 (392,979-942,636). So it's somewhere between 400,000 and a million, with the best bet around 650,000. Yeah, that 400k is reassuring!

Doug

^^^^^ CB: If we call the U.S. regime "Stalinists" instead of "fascists", Michael will find reports on millions of Iraqis killed by them.