[lbo-talk] Iraq excess death study up

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Oct 12 19:39:06 PDT 2006

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> > "and his meds'??? It would be better, all around, if you sat this one
> > out.
> >
> > Marta
>
> Yeah, I know -- not very PC (Pharmaceutically Correct) of me. I blame *my*
> meds.
>
> Dr. D

Dennis, I've known people personally in the local Depressive support group who are really hurt by casual references to mental illness. Depressed people, bipolar, etc. are in a constant turmoil of self-contempt, and it really hurts many (not all) to have that self-contempt even facetiously echoed from outside.

Carrol