[lbo-talk] Air America files Chapter 11

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 09:39:10 PDT 2006

At around 13/10/06 11:41 am, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Air America Radio files Chapter 11
> POSTED: 11:12 a.m. EDT, October 13, 2006
>
> NEW YORK (AP) -- Air America Radio, a liberal talk and news radio
> network that features the comedian Al Franken, has filed for Chapter 11
> bankruptcy protection, a network official told The AP.

Any thoughts on the cause of this? I had switched from listening to WBAI to AAR (no worries, Doug: I have the DougCast on the iPod, along with Democracy Now) since WBAI's programming is often puzzlingly irrelevant (to left/progressive issues), when its not (I am afraid) boring. I just renewed my WBAI membership since I still believe its a worthy medium. Anyway, back to my story: I listened to AAR 1010AM for a while, but their signal is weaker than even the liberals that listen to them.

Everyone I know (in the NYC area) complains about right-wing domination of talk radio and how they have nothing to listen to. So, what brought them down? Replacing Rachel Madow [sp?] with Jerry Springer?!

--ravi