[lbo-talk] How Hezbollah Defeated Israel at counterpunch

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Oct 13 22:52:25 PDT 2006

Jerry wrote:

> I don't remember seeing this posted but these were interesting
> articles. I would like to know what others think.

The articles were quite accurate. Hezbollah put the Solid Snake hurt on Israel's Metal Gear Merkavas. They used massed anti-tank rockets as mobile artillery, used bunkers to defeat air power, knocked out 20% of the invading force's tanks, and inflicted 600 casualties, at the cost of less than 200 soldiers. Their command, control and communications system was superb.

And their tactics are going to spread very, very quickly to the Iraqi insurgency. The US had better get the hell out of Mesopotamia as fast as it can.

-- DRR