[lbo-talk] Hamas "a project of Shin Bet" (was: Hezbollah vs IDF)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 07:32:30 PDT 2006

--- Yoshie Furuhashi <critical.montages at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sometimes, some leftists in the West develop a kind
> of conspiracy
> theory based on wishful thinking. They just can't
> admit that people
> they think they support, e.g., the Palestinians,
> sometimes support
> entities they don't support, e.g., Hamas.

True. It's not just leftists though, it's a type of universalism ("deep down, everybody really values the same things we do") common to most Western political discourse.

Many

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2005/2005-January/000801.html>),
> to take
> just one example.
> --

Peter the Great is almost always at the top of those polls. Personally I think Alexander II doesn't get enough credit (he liberated the serfs, after all). Stalin's posthumous rep keeps going up and up while Lenin's goes down and down.