[lbo-talk] The Conspiracy Industry

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:29:38 PDT 2006

Why dontcha know that Popular Mechanics is part of the Conspiracy? http://prisonplanet.tv/articles/march2005/160305ghanditruth.htm

http://www.oilempire.us/popular-mechanics.html

>...The neo-Nazi American Free Press / Barnes Review http://www.oilempire.us/holocaust-denial.html

wrote an article shortly after Popular Mechanics published their story claiming that Ben Chertoff, one of the Popular Mechanics writers, is a relative of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff. AFP / Barnes has inserted a lot of hoaxes into the "9/11 truth" literature, but they also publish some accurate material. Not surprisingly, Ben Chertoff denies any relation with the other Chertoff - and there has not been any follow-up from a journalist with a track record of accuracy to determine whether this is true or not. Either way, it is just a distraction and possibly bait to discredit the "9/11 truth movement."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Chertoff
>...Attacks by 9/11 conspiracy theorists

Chertoff has been accused of bias in the 9/11: Debunking The Myths story by conspiracy theorists, arguing that he is the cousin of Department of Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff. [3] However, Chertoff has repeatedly denied this claim, most notably in the September 11, 2006 issue of U.S. News and World Reports, stating "no one in my family has ever met anyone related to Michael Chertoff"[4] and in an audio interview where he notes any possible relationship would likely only be found back in "19th century Belarus." [5]

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?read=66177

WILL ART BELL ASK BEN CHERTOFF ABOUT HIS TIES TO DHS?

Posted By: ChristopherBollyn <Send E-Mail> Date: Friday, 4 March 2005, 1:46 p.m.

Bollyn is a longtime writer for the AFP/The Spotlight.