[lbo-talk] Why can't I cheer?

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Oct 16 15:42:11 PDT 2006

What element of the higher circles - what would-be - has such immorality not touched? ... the immoral tone of American society today also involves the lack of public sensibility when confronted with these facts. Effective moral indignation is not evoked by the corrupt public life of our time; the old middle-class moralities have been replaced in America by the higher immorality...

True. Even more so now some forty or fifty years after Mills wrote this. My indignation is directed at the menacing, vintictive, narrow minded, and denial-laden jerk rightwing voter who willingly installed this rotten branch of the elite. This voting block is now disillusioned with the Bush regime, I suspect, because it was not fascist enough to suit my fellow Americans.

CG