[lbo-talk] Michael Turner picks apart Cooper's "Rorschach" analogy

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 16 16:51:19 PDT 2006

The Pure lefitst replies:

"I have been familiar with Ticktin since buying issues of, "Critique, " his journal on the fSU that started back in the 70's. First issue I bought at a Maoist bookstore in Venice, Ca., long gone, in 1978 had pieces on Bahro and Ernest Mandel. "

--Great, then you contradict your pal Cooper, who has this wierd view that I'm teaching materials in the classroom that will drive students to join the far rightwing [I envision myself having students listen to tapes of Ramsey Clarke or translations of Kim SungIl's speeches and singing cumbaya...]. I too have been familiar with Ticktin, you should familiarize yourself with Sirianni's book, even if it might mean you might have to acknowledge that baseless smears against my teaching style or materials reveal more about your buddy to than me...

Now you might even be able to break down and acknowledge that maybe Turner isn't as loony as your smear attempts otherwise indicate...He did a nice job picking apart Cooper's sloppy 'plague on both houses' approach to the Lancet study...why the hyper-nervous reaction from you I wonder?

Steve

Stephen Philion Assistant Professor Department of Sociology and Anthropology St. Cloud State University St. Cloud, MN

http://stephenphilion.efoliomn2.com/