[lbo-talk] Americans Question Bush on 9/11 Intelligence

Michael Givel mgivel at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 16 17:51:32 PDT 2006

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:50:28 -0400 From: "Charles Brown" <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> Subject: [lbo-talk] Americans Question Bush on 9/11 Intelligence To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Message-ID: <B0074236420 at mail3.infoquesthosting.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Michael Givel : What I find interestnig about the polling below is the drop from 2003 from Americans who claim Bush was telling the truth or hiding something switching to the (potentially) 2006 9/11 conspiranoia view of mostly lying. Mostly lying about what, of course, could mean conspiranoia views or not. However with the 36% who now think there is some sort of grand archetypal conspiracy of the "inside cabal" behind 9/11, none of the latest figures, in my view, are really suprising. Disturbing is another matter. Countervailing to serious political organzing, certainly.

^^^^^ CB: How would a large percentage of Americans' thinking Bush is lying "countervail" serious political organizing ? Your claim is counterintuitive.

So, many people thinking Bush is lying is an embarassment of riches for the left. **************** Nah. The target of their anger is a spectral 9/11 conspiracy that does not exist and more importantly their anger does not focus on real political and economic systemic structures of injustice. Get rid of the supposed bad apples of the insider conspiracy and voila we bring back Camelot! Forty years+ late the JFK conspiracy nuts say the same thing at their annual convention in Dallas in between their moment of silence at the grassy knoll. How sad.

Lashing out against the non-existent insiders plays right into the hands of the Bushies and is inherently reactionary and counterproductive.