[lbo-talk] Americans Question Bush on 9/11 Intelligence

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Tue Oct 17 10:25:41 PDT 2006

Nah. Maybe a very, very tiny fraction of the Americans who think Bush is lying think in the terms you describe. I mean a really tiny fraction, as tiny as those attending JFK murder conferences. Like about , what, ten people ? I think you are reading too much anti-conspiracy theory materials on the internet, where one gets all these fancy versions of how nutty ten people thinking about "Camelot" are and such nonsense.

Probably the vast majority who are polled today just think "Bush and the rest lied to us and got us in this damn war. How do we get out of it ?" They are very organizable against the war. They aren't thinking about "the whole system", just, against the war.

CB

Michael Givel

Nah. The target of their anger is a spectral 9/11 conspiracy that does not exist and more importantly their anger does not focus on real political and conomic systemic structures of injustice. Get rid of the supposed bad apples of the insider conspiracy and voila we bring back Camelot! Forty years+ late the JFK conspiracy nuts say the same thing at their annual convention in Dallas in between their moment of silence at the grassy knoll.

How sad.

Lashing out against the non-existent insiders plays right into the hands of the Bushies and is inherently reactionary and counterproductive.