[lbo-talk] Unbanked (was dd on microcredit)

boddi satva lbo.boddi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 22:52:10 PDT 2006

Grameen is hardly a for-profit organization. "Nearly self-sufficient" would be more accurate. I don't think they are getting rich on collateral-free loans to poor people.

Credit should be a function of government, but government hasn't stepped in and so Grameen has. Also, a separate banking institution can base its assets in a mix of currencies.

I think you two are being a little hard on Grameen.

Boddi