[lbo-talk] Finkestein hangs Marty P out to dry

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Oct 18 06:42:13 PDT 2006

I hadn't known where Peretz got the money to buy the New Republic. It reminds me of a magazine I admired in my pre-leftist days, The Reporter, which was financed by the wife of the editor, Max Ascoli. Apparently I wasn't the only one who dropped my subscription to it in the mid-60s over Vietnam, because it died at that time. Of course any magazine of opinion (left or right) needs a sugar-daddy/mommy of some sort.

Carrol