[lbo-talk] Oh dear, LBO patronises Europe again (was Let's Build)

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Oct 18 10:24:23 PDT 2006

FDK wrote:

> Whether immigrants drowning to get into Fortress
> Europe, or immigrant families brutally ripped apart in
> deportation actions in Germany, or bombing Yugoslavia,
> or occupying Afghanistan, nothing can dissuade
> American left-liberals from their political
> Europhilia.

Hmm, you Euros sure are privileged. Here in the US, we have a psychotic, war-mongering one-party state which wants to bomb the rest of the planet back to the Stone Age, rampant petro-fundamentalism, a union movement near death, the worst economic polarization in 60 years, a corrupt and archaic political system in thrall to $3.5 billion of annual campaign donations, and a political elite which just signed the Military Commissions Act of 2006, effectively junking habeus corpus.

-- DRR