[lbo-talk] Finkestein hangs Marty P out to dry

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 11:22:04 PDT 2006

http://mondoweiss.observer.com/2006/06/john-podhoretz-issues-a-threat-to-me.html

>...Below is an example of the extraordinarily obscene, threatening, harassment Allyson Taylor is being subjected to by non other than Norman Finkelstein of DePaul Univ. A first hand account of her experience at the recent hatefest at UC Irvine can be found here: http://ajcongress.blogdrive.com/archive/58.html All she did was maybe, and I emphasize maybe, misquote how much Finkelstein was being paid for the UC Irvine speech, and look what she got from him. He is a disgrace to DePaul University, or any university for that matter. Allyson is one of this country's best activists, she certainly does not deserve to be treated in this manner.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20777

FROM ALLYSON ROWEN TAYLOR:

NORMAN FINKELSTEIN IS NOW HARASSING AND THREATENING TO SUE ALLYSON ROWEN TAYOR over comments that were linked above and published on LGF and in the media. A First Hand Account of Hate at UC Irvine. (Hat tip: sandbox.)

My report was picked up by several blogs, including Israpundit and Littlegreenfootballs.

Mr. Finkelstein received my report and was very upset with my stating that he made $5,000.00 for his speeches. He accused me of being a spy. He was very upset that I made it appear that he was making money from the Holocaust Industry. This figure which I gotten from a student, after repeated attempts to get his fee from the MSU, was wrong. Finkelstein called me two days ago to clarify this, he threatened to sue me for libel (though no malicious intent was meant) I actually thought he could command such a sum! He subsequently demanded an apology. After waiting for my attorney to advise me how to proceed, the next day I sent out an apology for misquoting the amount Mr. Finkelstein receives for his tired speeches. Before I was able to issue the apology, I received the following message on my cell phone from Finkelstein.

These are his words

.."Hi, this is Norman Finkelstein, I did not see an apology from you so I assume you are not sending it. So, I will put all your contact information , phone number, email, address for viewers to my website to contact you on why you "slandered" me. Goodbye."

I then responded to him via E-mail yesterday:

"Because of being threatened with harassment by your saying you would be putting my personal info on your website so members who adore you could harass me was not a gentlemanly thing to do. But then.................leaving the message on my cell phone so I could save it, really Norman!"

Here is Norman Finkelstein's response to my E-mail.

"Actually I'd be happy to repeat the message a thousand times on your cellphone. Really, call anytime. I don't like spies or slanderers, and believe, Old Testament-style, that they should repaid in kind. In fact I was going to post your name and number at the top of my web site so you could get 650 calls per days (the number of people who visit my web site each day). It would perhaps teach you to consider another profession: maybe cleaning toilets, which is pretty close to what you do now." I then informed him that I do not clean toilets.

Just received this E-mail from Mr. Finkelstein: 6/2/2006 11:18:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time:

"Why is it I'm not surprised that you don't clean up after you shit?

Theaters show the same film many times for new audiences. If someone keeps coming to watch the film over and over again, the problem would seem to be with the viewer not the movie. Such recidivists can usually be found in adult movie houses and usually have more interest in the audience than the film. On all counts you strikingly resemble such perverts."

I have decided not to have any further communication with Mr. Finkelstein but feel that it is he who owes me an apology for his obscene comments, threats and harassment.

Posted by: art | June 2, 2006 04:01 PM

http://www.israpundit.com/2006/?p=1370