[lbo-talk] Finkestein hangs Marty P out to dry

Michael McIntyre mcintyremichael at mac.com
Wed Oct 18 11:40:34 PDT 2006

Most folks on this list know about how the academic community has treated Norman. For those who don't, see: http://www.chomsky.info/books/power01.htm

Norman's my colleague at DePaul, he's coming up for tenure and promotion this year, and I can tell you that everything Chomsky says about the level of intellectual thuggery Norman faces is true.

So, Angelus and MPug, a couple of questions: (1) Was Norman right or wrong about: (a) Joan Peters? (b) Daniel Goldhagen? (c) Alan Dershowitz?

(2) As I understand it, The Holocaust Industry makes four main claims about the Swiss case: (a) The plaintiffs significantly exaggerated the number of living Holocaust survivors (b) The plaintiffs significantly exaggerated the assets of Holocaust victims in Swiss banks (c) Most of the money from the Swiss case will not go to actual Holocaust survivors (d) The principals in this case shamelessly lined their pockets Which of these claims did Norman get wrong?

No more of this, "forget what he says, he objectively serves an objectionable function" crap.

Michael McIntyre