[lbo-talk] Human species 'may split in two': evolutionaary theorist

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Oct 18 14:43:35 PDT 2006

Doug Henwood

Morality as natural history

Curry, Oliver (2005) Morality as natural history. PhD thesis, London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London.

Abstract

clip-. I first explain what Darwinian adaptations are, and how they generate behaviour. I then explain that, contrary to the Hobbesian caricature of life in the state of nature, evolutionary theory leads us to expect that organisms will be social, cooperative and even altruistic under certain circumstances.

^^^^^ CB: Hear , hear ! Human nature is communistic, not bourgeois individualist.