[lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 15:39:51 PDT 2006

Didn't Bill Bartlett post something about this recently?

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20061009/020218.html

-B.

Chuck wrote:

"I think that we radicals are too often stuck in outmoded thinking about social issues. Most people want to have their own home and most Americans associate that with a single-family house. Why would you want to live in a cramped apartment if a house was cheaper? Even in urban Kansas City, you can find decent houses that are pretty cheap compared to living in apartments. What is the radical alternative to this?"

Bill Bartlett wrote:

"Anyhow, take a look at the new website of my little country housing co-op (excuse the bugs, I'm new at this.) Oops. this might help: http://people.aapt.net.au/~william7/Welcome.html"