[lbo-talk] White Leftists, Go Suburban!

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 16:46:14 PDT 2006

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

"White leftists, go suburban! That's where you are needed."

Me:

White leftists could also go to red states like Texas, where they're needed, too, by this logic. So come on down, ya'll.

Hitchens seems to dig the idea:

"Later, as Hitchens drives through the sterile Dallas suburb of Plano, he muses about the 'manicured bliss' of the lawns and the 'white, conservative, Christian, clean' population. 'I feel I could be very happy here,' he concludes mildly. Is he kidding? It's impossible to tell." http://www.slate.com/id/2104849

-B.