[lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Wed Oct 18 21:22:26 PDT 2006

I've lived in cities (NYC, Chicago, New Haven, etc.) and suburbs (Bayside when it was a suburb, Amherst NY) and much prefer NYC. But much of this discussion seems to be proceeding on the assumption that people who choose to live in suburbs are misguided and beneath contempt. I'm sure that some on this list must understand the virtues of suburban living. So again, we see contempt for ordinary people rooted in the assumption that their decisions are irrational.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> To: "LBO Talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:06 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?