[lbo-talk] Cramped apartments

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Oct 19 09:04:44 PDT 2006

I'm not writing about why people shouldn't want to live in single family houses -- I'm writing about how that simple desire has been turned into a life quest and an identity.

I do understand about wanting to have some control over your living space and I'm glad about the conversation because it did remind me that I live in a rent-controlled apt.; naturally, this skews my view of things.

I don't know of sociological studies about suburban malaise, but I do know that that's where people tend to go postal. I believe that every single school shooting has taken place in a suburban school. As for the good neighborhood stuff you cite, I would guess it's more common in downscale than in upscale suburbs.

Joanna