[lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 19 11:07:35 PDT 2006

Of course we are all victims within a system that limits our choices. I would much rather have lived in a rental apartment than in a co-op. Where we live is partly a reflection of our desires, and partly a reflection of the market situation we live in. I'm sure there's an appropriate Marx quotation, but even without that, it's true. Don't hang so much on the term "victim." Ww're caught within a system -- you, too, Doug.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:55 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?