[lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?

knowknot at mindspring.com knowknot at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 19 12:20:52 PDT 2006

On 10/19/06, joanna <123hop at comcast.net> (again) said:

> If I live in an exurb and I want to eat, it's going

> to be in a chain food place cause that's all there is.

Assuming you don't want to cook a (possibly: gourmet) meal on your portable stove, etc., or don't want to stop at one of those too many "big box" supermarkets to buy prepackaged food or from its (inevitable?) deli counter, why not just bring a sandwich from home?

Often, there are insightful and intelligent communications posted to this list, but the absence of anything even remotely close in this thread has been depressing (not least from those who claim to have done the "maths" [sic] whether or not tonguge in cheek).