[lbo-talk] Brad Delong's broken ontological heart?

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Thu Oct 19 12:54:08 PDT 2006

Brad Delong seems to be tracking some distance from his essential neoliberal self these days. Why has neoliberalism failed mexico he asks? Probably because he starts from the POV of just so farmers. Getting to an ontology of the real from here is hard. No worries I am sure he will continue to teach the same just-so stories in his lecture hall.

Full text of his article can be found here http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/delong51

Has Neo-Liberalism Failed Mexico? J. Bradford DeLong

"Six years ago, I was ready to conclude that the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was a major success. The key argument in favor of NAFTA had been that it was the most promising road the United States could take to raise the chances for Mexico to become democratic and prosperous, and that the US had both a strong selfish interest and a strong neighborly duty to try to help Mexico develop." .... ____________________________________ Travis W Fast -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061019/b5c0956c/attachment.htm>