[lbo-talk] new page scandal?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 19 13:32:19 PDT 2006

On Oct 19, 2006, at 4:21 PM, ravi wrote:

> Please, please, I implore you, fix the broken URLs people! I used to
> think MS Outlook was brain-dead for breaking URLs, which have no word
> boundaries, but:

> Apple Mail is one level worse it seems! It actually breaks the URL and
> to mask its heinous act, adds a format-flowed space at the end, so the
> link is rendered unbroken, but won't be click-able.

Actually, in my Sent mail box there's no line turnover, nor is there one in the version I received. So could it be your mailer?

Apple Mail does seem to render soft line breaks as double spaces if the sending and receiving line lengths don't match. I can't find any advice on how to fix it, which is driving me mad.