[lbo-talk] new page scandal?

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 07:34:09 PDT 2006

At around 19/10/06 7:04 pm, martin wrote:
> On Oct 19, 2006, at 1:21 PM, ravi wrote:
>
>> I doubt I can convince old Doug to move off the one and only ugly app on
>> MacOS X,
>
> Perhaps not the most diplomatic tack - the 'old'.

What, you are scared of Doug? ;-)

> But if you had a
> better mail app that's scriptable, I'd be interested. I've switched to
> Powermail twice now and then back to mail. Neither one is 'emailer',
> which is my gold standard. ;

Better mail app? Mozilla Thunderbird is infinitely scriptable (though not AppleScript), has rock solid extensions for PGP encryption and signing (which all you leftists should be thinking about seriously ;-)), among other things. Its a bit of a memory hog. Other alternatives: I hear Eudora is going out of business, but there is still Opera Mail.

My gold standard is 'mh'. I hate the bloody thing, but you really have to admire the beast. Sort of like 'emacs'.

--ravi