Fw: [lbo-talk] Paranoid Styles, Soviet and American (was Hamas "a project of Shin Bet")

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 21 11:14:45 PDT 2006

Yoshie is now pulling unacceptably low-down psychiatric tricks of the kind generally used against the left. Disagreeing constitutes paranoia. Soon we'll be hearing again, as we haven't heard since the fifties, of the psychiatric factors that drove the abolitionists, perhaps of the New Left. "ze child vants to take over from ze fazzer."

When will Yoshie read the book, and determine that Bettina was three -- three years old -- when Herbert began playing "choo-choo with her? Of course it would be paranoia to talk about power differences betwen an adult male and a three year old female child. Right?

MRzine seems to be under archaic control, very much in tune with the social conservatism of David Horowitz et. al. As I've said, a solid wall of male solidarity, sympathy for Herbert, and none for Bettina. I remember joking with Harry Magdoff about MR's attributing the war in Vietnam to tungsten! These theories have very little to do with real life.

Jesse Lemisch

... the paranoia about child sexual abuse exists across the