[lbo-talk] Child Sexual Abuse Statistics and Trends (was Apthekerallegations)

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Sat Oct 21 22:44:01 PDT 2006

It is bizarre beyond belief that a person of any sophistication would pass on to us figures purporting to show a decline in child sexual abuse without a whit of concern as to how these figures were arrived at. Merely to read these figures, with their false precision (787,071 victims) is to laugh through tears. Did the chidren who suffered abuse sashay over to the local office of the Dept. of Health and Human Services, where they forthrightly reported how Daddy played choo-choo with them? (It's a real Norman Rockwell scene,"The Kids Report to the Feds What Daddy did to Them.") Did Junior make sure that Sis got out of bed to report? Or did Daddy drive Sis and Junior there, to be followed by pizza as a reward for reporting? Or did Daddy fess up and report it himself, and then treat himself to pizza? Maybe Mom drove the whole bunch of them, Dad, Sis and Junior.

Really, come off it. I do hope that next Yoshie will give us equally precise figures on rape itself.

And it's hard to know which is worse, the above, or the invention of statements for me, placed in quotation marks. This, and the above, are no way to argue.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 1:06 AM Subject: [lbo-talk] Child Sexual Abuse Statistics and Trends (was Apthekerallegations)