[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 04:59:45 PDT 2006

Dawkins reminds me of a 16-year-old who has just discovered the writings of Ayn Rand and thinks he has discovered a Great Thinker.

Theism and atheism are fundamental metaphysical positions, like idealism, materialiam, solipsism and so forth. There is no conceivable empirical difference between a universe with a god and a universe without one, therefore there is nothing to use to jump to the "conclusion" that one is more "probable" than the other. It's like discussing the inner nature of a Kantian noumenon.

I imagine that if A.J. Ayer is in heaven, he probably thinks that his brain must be producing mad killer endorphins on the deathbed to get the effect. ;)