[lbo-talk] Child Sexual Abuse Statistics and Trends(wasApthekerallegations)

Jesse Lemisch utopia1 at attglobal.net
Sun Oct 22 15:44:52 PDT 2006

Yes, Yoshie, give it a try: poll your female relatives. I have. If you are going to invent some quote -- "Lemisch says every blood relative has been sexually abused by a Communist father in Brooklyn from age 3 to 13 during full moons" -- I agree, I can't meet your standards.

As for the need for feminists to be attentive to statistics gathered regarding child sexual abuse: of course, with a tough critical eye, reflecting the reality of the phenomenon and the unreliability of these precisely stated figures. You can quantify gibberish all you want, but it's still gibberish. I see also that you are unwilling to engage with my notion that blacks reporting atrocities against them under slavery should be assumed to be falsifying in the absence of corroborating witnesses and if they base their accounts on memory. Come on, Yoshie, give it a try; I'm sure you can construct an argument to disallow black testimony on such subjects.

Yoshie, suppose I offered you some figures on how often Americans shit, and the volume of shit produced. I guess your first response would be to dismiss answers that weren't corroborated by one or more witnesses a la rape in Pakistan. Nonetheless, when someone projected estimates, you might wonder about their accuracy. I think estimates could be made, but I would be dubious about their reliability.

Jesse Lemisch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 5:49 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Child Sexual Abuse Statistics and Trends(wasApthekerallegations)