[lbo-talk] Dispiriting Suburbs?

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Sun Oct 22 16:30:27 PDT 2006

On the other hand, Michael Denning in The Cultural Front, makes an argument that the politics of the popular front were a serious attempt to reimagine and recreate an American society on a radical democratic basis. Instead of reading this as a mode of conservatism, he reads it as a serious claim for hegemony. I think that there is something to his reading in that we need to find the precidents for radical transformation to some degree within the society that we live in, otherwise there is no potential for transformation.

Robert Wood