[lbo-talk] More on the Estonian SS memorial....

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 23 22:53:43 PDT 2006

Gosh...the former members of the Red Army appealing to the Queen.

Regards,

Mike B)

*******************

MosNews

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/10/01/vetstoqueen.shtm

Soviet Army veteran, retired Col. Nikolai Smerdov, on behalf of the World War II veterans residing in Estonia, has sent a letter to Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom through the Constitutional Party, the country’s largest party of ethnic Russians.

“We, World War II veterans, now aged 80 — 90 years and fated to live in this state, are asking Your Majesty to kindly help make our unenviable position here, in the Republic of Estonia, easier,” Interfax quotes the WW II veteran’s letter to Queen Elizabeth II, who is to pay a visit to Estonia on October 19-20, as saying.

“We, World War II veterans, who fought on the side of the Anti- Hitler Coalition, are a target of various discriminatory practices here in Estonia,” Smerdov writes.

“Many of us have lived in Estonia for 40 to 60 years, but we have been denied Estonian citizenship and even permanent residence permits, and we have been deprived of the right to vote in elections,” he writes.

“Although many of us fought in the battles to liberate Estonia from Hitler’s occupation, the label of ’invaders’ has been pinned on us, and a massive campaign has been launched against monuments to soldiers who fell liberating Estonia from Hitler’s invasion,” Smerdov said.

“Service with SS troops is added to the record of work upon retirement in Estonia, while the years of service in the Soviet Army, which was part of the Anti-Hitler Coalition, are not,” the retired Russian officer said.

“Your Majesty, we would very much appreciate if you could possibly help make our position easier,” Estonian veterans said.

http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/10/01/vetstoqueen.shtml

Oh yes, and here's another fascist photo-op:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/Daily-Pics-August/aaz

Watch the communist manifestoon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1oGIffyVVk

--------------------------------- Want to be your own boss? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20061023/66b11206/attachment.htm>