[lbo-talk] The God Delusion

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 25 08:06:21 PDT 2006

Jeffrey Fisher:

well, i think the cause of the problem was that you [Joanna] misinterpreted dwayne as asking for evidence of the meaninglessness of religion. i think that's not at all what he meant, and so it wasn't what i offered.

[...]

Just so.

Indeed, at the start of all this I unequivocally stated that although I didn't share my family's religious perspective I understood its value to them.

Furthermore, I expressed appreciation for the rather deep Bible education I received which, at an early age, introduced me to the lovely language of the King James Version and gave me a solid grounding in Christian (and a fair amount of Judaic) theological concepts.

So as you say Jeffrey, a call for evidence of the "meaninglessness of religion" was precisely NOT what I was interested in.

And with this, I bow out of the conversation.

.d.