[lbo-talk] The Progressive Delusion

ravi ravi.bulk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 08:26:46 PDT 2006

At around 25/10/06 6:28 am, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Reading Joanna's criticism it occurred to me that had
> the order of things been reversed - that is, if I'd
> requested stories from list members who continued to
> nurture some form of faith, whether it's one of the
> major monotheisms or something less common - the
> reaction would have been more sheltering (against
> inevitable negative replies from the loudest
> anti-theists) ...

Which is as it should be, methinks, especially on a progressive forum... our task is to defend the underdog and give voice to the weaker position. In the larger public, that means we take the side of the common man against the scientist (but of the scientist against the creationist), of the atheist against the religious, and so on. On a left mailing list, where atheism is the religion, the positions are reversed! ;-)

--ravi