[lbo-talk] dishonest material on Portside

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Oct 25 15:33:15 PDT 2006

Jesse Lemisch : What do you think "I can't see it" means? Your interpretation makes "I can't see it" synomyomous with "I can see it."

^^^^^^ CB: You say "I can't see it" , but then you say " There might be some (connections)". You ignore your second statement which _is_ basically synonymous with "I can see it."

You make contradictory statements there.

You are not telling the whole truth about what you said. Whatever you are "seeing" right now doesn't foreclose the possibility that there might be some connections. You basically are saying there might or might not be some connections, and you urge others to try and show some connections ,just like Solomon said you said.

"Lemisch urges the search for a connection between molestation and Aptheker's writings in African American history and other areas. " is an accurate characterization of what you said, and is not dishonest material on Portside.