[lbo-talk] Chomsky vs Marx/Lukacs

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Oct 25 15:53:53 PDT 2006

To add to this: Thirty years ago, I read Capital I and thought Marx was making it all up. Then I got my first technical writing job, documenting every accounting position in a multi-national commodity-based corporation. In other words, I wrote thousands of pages describing what every accounting employee did in this company--- for which I had to give myself a crash course in modern accounting and, of course, to learn about the structure and proccesses of a modern corporation. That's when I finally understood that every single thing Marx was writing in Capital was true and real. Then I was really, really impressed.

I also liked his (very dry) sense of humor.

Joanna